Friday, August 6, 2010

Feelin' A Little Buggie

Looking back on previous weight-loss adventures, I have learned that I do best when I am held accountable --- like logging food and exercise. There are some great websites out there that have logs (like www.fitday.com it's free and the people on the forums have been very supportive), but I decided to go the Body Bugg route again too. I already own the old Bugg (it's a little bulkier than the new one, but still works the same as far as I can tell), so I just had to reactivate my membership so that I could get to the logs. So, the bad part is that it costs money. Once you get past the initial cost for the Bugg itself (depending on if you get the one with just the armband or the one with the armband and the watch, it is usually about $200 --- which, honestly, I think is too much.....but I have also seen them on ebay for lower) it isn't so bad. They have it so you can sign up for a year, 6 months or do month-to-month. Month-to-month is only $10, so I did that for the time being. So, yesterday was day 1 of the Body Bugg and I am getting back into the swing of logging my food and downloading the armband information. Luckily I am a creature of habit when it comes to food and all the meals (like Lean Cuisine meals) that I had manually logged in are still there. Yea! If I remember correctly, I used to download the armband (it's just a matter of logging into the site and then pushing the button on my armband) once in the morning and once at night, so that is what I am going for now. Yesterday ended up being a very good day. I had some errands to do, so I was too busy to feel like I wanted a snack. And I spent an hour on the treadmill at the gym too. My calorie deficit was way too high since I didn't eat much, but at least it wasn't a surplus! One thing I like about the Body Bugg is that they don't encourage starving, no magic concoctions to eat or drink, and their main idea is that your calorie intake just needs to be lower than your energy output. The larger the deficit the more weight you will lose, but as long as you don't have a surplus of calories, then you are still on track and should not expect to gain weight. I'm not a big fan of the fads so this idea works well for me. Now, the one bad thing that happened when I logged in yesterday and updated my weight and measurements was that I had to face just how much my body has changed recently. I have had the Bugg for a couple years now (not always using it, that's just when I bought it to begin with) and I stumbled upon my measurements for the whole time I have used the program. I think I started about where I am now and at one point I was down to 163 pounds. I remember that, so that wasn't a surprise. What was a surprise was that my chest and waist at that time were a good 4 inches smaller. Seriously! Four inches off my waist would be amazing right now!! And maybe if I lost 4 inches off my chest, when I strip down to my bra for, err, my friend, I wouldn't have so much back fat to share with him also! I'm sure he would appreciate that. So, these were not figures I really wanted to see, but at the same time I have to appreciate that I have now. Not only does it remind me that I need to stay on track, but also that I have done this before and there is no reason I can't do it again. Well, off I go......I just realized there is a message board on the Body Bugg website also, lets see what good stuff I can learn from there! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment